Get Intimate with Color
Seems that between what I’ve had from the get-go and what I’ve learned over the years of painting with watercolor pigments, I have so much to share about color.
I’m in love with color (in case that’s not plainly obvious!) and am so happy and eager to share that love – and knowledge!
Here’s what you will gain:
• You will discover the treasure contained in all those tubes of paint you have – it’s so much more than the color on the tube!
• You will understand how to interpret information printed on tubes, to really know what is inside, potentially saving you money avoiding buying redundant colors.
• You will know what colors may fade over time, changing your paintings forever.
• You will make your own color wheel, based on a special design I’ve created.
(I provide watercolor paper with the outline of the wheel for you)
• You will know how to reliably mix clear, vibrant colors, and how to mix the more muted ones too.
• You will practice mixing colors – including learning the tinting strength of pigments.
• You will see the whole range of colors that can come from just two pigments.
• You will learn about color harmony and color compositions.
• You will begin practicing making the colors for your paintings, based on your own reference materials.
• I will share with you some of my favorite “recipes” to get you started.
• You gain confidence to experiment and play with color on your own.
• You’ll spend hours being fed through your eyes!
Held in a lovely space surrounded by my art in downtown Larkspur, CA.
Limited to 12 students.
Saturday-Sunday: March 25-26, 2017 – 9:45-4:00
Saturday-Sunday: July 8-9, 2017 – 9:45-4:00
Sign up! Online
To reserve yor spot, please PAY ONLINE
or mail a check to:
Cara Brown, 537 Magnolia Ave, Larkspur, CA 94939.
This class was originally designed for painters who have a collection of watercolor paints. If you don’t already have paints it’s fine. When signing up, let me know and I’ll provide a basic list. You can add to your paint collection as you are inspired to after the workshop!
This workshop is most successful if you’ve had a bit of experience handling watercolor paints. If you’ve never painted with watercolor before, contact me and we’ll set aside a time for a quick lesson.
If you are unable to come to the class and let me know within two weeks, you can apply the fee to a future class or I can refund you $90. If you cancel within 2 weeks and I have someone who can take your place, you can apply your fee to a future class. If I cannot fill your spot, the fee is not refunded. Thank you so much.